Below Ground Tank Removal, Tonbridge
Below Ground Tank Removal
|S Smith & Sons (Builders) Ltd
KpH Environmental were awarded the project to clean, degas and remove 1no. 1500g belowground water filled petrol tank for new client S. Smith & Sons Builders Limited.
S Smith & Sons (Builders) is a well established, family run business located within a residential area. KpH carefully planned out the safe method for the cutting and removal of the tank taking into consideration the small working area and the tank being close to live services including overhead cables and site drainage.
Scope of Works
- A safe working area with Heras Fencing and signage was set up around the tank and the area was secured ready for the works
- The tank was carefully exposed and opened up with specialist cold cutting shearing equipment
- The remaining fuel and washings was uplifted by a vacuum tanker and the tank was fully degassed ready for removal
- Using the 8 tonne excavator the concrete around the tank was broken out and removed, so the tank could be easily extracted out of the ground
- Our skilled machine operator flat packed the tank and placed it into the skip for disposal
- KpH’s Environmental Consultant attended site to validate the excavation taking soil samples which would then give evidence to and for any future building projects or sale of the premises that the ground around the tank was clean
- The area was backfilled with clean hardcore and then topped with Type 1, ready to hand back to the client
“We found KPH Environmental Services Ltd, to be very easy to deal with and very professional, the site operatives kept us fully informed as works progressed, they were very pleasant and helpful throughout the process, and left the site clean and tidy.
We would have no hesitation in recommending KPH Environmental Services Ltd to others.”