Fuel Tank Decommissioning and Bund Removal, Priory Hospital
Fuel Tank Decommissioning and Bund Removal
|Brazier Property Services Limited
|Fuel Tank Decommissioning and Bund Removal
KpH were awarded the project to decommission and remove 1 No. 15,000, 1No. 12,000 & 2No. 3000-litre fuel storage tanks for new client Brazier Property Services.
Priory Hospital Norwich provides care for males and females aged 18 years and over who have an acute mental health illness. KpH had to ensure strict controls were put in place to ensure everyone was safe at all times.
Scope of Works
- Set up a Heras fenced restricted work area around the tank installation.
- The experienced team cold cutopen the side of the tanks to allow man entry by the confined space team
- KpH utilised high-pressure jetting equipment to breakdown waste product that was uplifted by vacuum tankers and a gas free certification was issued by KpH
- Operatives proceeded to dismantle 3 of the tanks using hot cutting techniques and with the flat packing and heavy lifting done using a 13-tonne excavator
- Using the 13-tonne excavator fitted with a munching attachment, the surrounding bund walls were broken down to allow the last tank to be cut up and disposed of
- Two full grab lorries of hardcore were removed from site
- All perimeter fencing was removed at the end of the project and the area jet washed down