Oil Storage Tank Cleaning, Degassing & Removal, Banstead
Oil Storage Tank Cleaning, Degassing & Removal
|Real Places Limited
|Banstead Place, Banstead – Grade II Listed
We were awarded the contract to clean and degas 1no. 10,0000ltr basement oil storage tank for a new client Real Places Limited.
One of the walls in the tank room needed to be opened up to allow access, but due to the Grade II listed status at Banstead Place the clients architect designed a temp works plan which included setting aside the brickwork to reinstate at a later date.
Scope of Works
- KPH operatives set up the strong boys/props prior to dismantling the tank room wall
- Utilising a petrol saw the cuts were made into the brickwork, the team then used hand tools to remove the brick work to open up the tank room wall for greater access
- An Asbestos R&D survey of the oil tank room and adjacent water tank room was carried out to ensure the area was safe to work in
- Once the KpH team had clearance to work in the tank room, a safe working environment was set up under a permit system
- The remaining fuel and washings was uplifted by a vacuum tanker and the confined space team entered the tank to clean to a white rag standard
- A gas free certificate was issued by KpH to allow fragmentation and removal
- The team set up fume extraction and lighting and the tank was hot cut the into suitable size sections to remove from site
- All waste will be removed for disposal at a licensed facility
- On completion of all the removal work KpH handed the site over to client