SLR, who KpH Environmental have worked with successfully many times in the past, awarded us this latest project to decommission and foam fill 3no. underground tanks, close to a live POL.
Scope of Works
- A safe working environment was set up around the tank area with heras fencing and gas monitors
- A tripod was used to allow safe man entry into the deep chamber to unbolt and remove pipework and drain down lines from the fuel pumps
- The remaining fuel was uplifted by a vacuum tanker and fully decommissioned using BritFoam, a resin based hardfoam
- Using a MEWP the lighting columns were removed safely
- Utilising an 8 tonne excavator the concrete pump island was broken out to 300mm bgl and made ready for others to reinstate with matching brickwork
- The area jet washed and left in a clean and tidy environment for ongoing works