Royal Oak Industrial Estate, Daventry
|Client:||SDC Construction Group – Special Projects|
|Project:||Cummins Engine Co – Generator Renewal|
The works involved the draining down of lines, modifications to existing fuel line. installation of new feed and return pipe work to the new tank location.
Cleaning & Degassing of 3No. Vessels & Relocation to New Bund.
Scope of Works
- Drain fuel supply loop(s) as required and install suitable pick up connections to enable newly constructed tank/fuel supply to be connected with minimal disruption to site operations.
- Supply; fabricate and install flow & return steel flanged pipe work from newly constructed fuel storage area to pick up and connect into existing test bed circuit.
- Installation of high/low level alarms x3; fabricate and install offset fill with a single run to incorporate lever valves to allow individual vessel isolation; configure pump feed pipe work into single ‘common supply to incorporate lever valves to allow individual vessel isolation; supply and installation of individual hydrostatic gauges x3; install high level dump line into vessel.
- Supply and install -1 off Model HD3 Relief Valve Pattern Rotary Gear Albany Pump manufactured in cast iron with double helical steel rotors, hardened and ground steel shafts.
- Draining and transfer oil, clean and degas the vessels.
- Suitably rated cranes carried out the contract lift to relocate tanks.